1. When will I be notified of my application status?
All applicants will be notified of their status by end of April 2021 by email.
2. Will I be notified even if I am not selected?
Yes. All applicants will be notified by end of April 2021 by email.
3. I applied to this program before. Do I have to apply again?
Yes. This is a new intergenerational fellowship design that includes partnerships.
4. Can I submit a paper application?
No. We cannot accept paper applications due to the remote and online nature of this one-year program.
5. Can family members apply together for this intergenerational fellowship?
6. Are Legacy Leaders required to participate in certain events?
Only remotely. This program will not require any in-person gatherings or events, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
7. Are Legacy Leaders required to sign a contract?
Yes. Legacy Leaders and Future Legacy Leaders are required to sign a contract with responsibilities and deliverables.
8. Are there restrictions on how Legacy Leaders can use their fellowship funds?
Only for the supplemental funding of $25,000. This is a fellowship. The funds may not be used as a grant. Each Legacy Leader and Future Legacy Leader is responsible for any and all income taxes.
9. When do I get my payments?
- The Legacy Leader receives $75,000, distributed in contract payments over one year that are contingent upon successful progress of the knowledge transfer project.
- The Future Legacy Leader receives $45,000, distributed in contract payments over one year that are contingent upon successful progress of the knowledge transfer project.
- To implement the knowledge transfer project, the partnership is eligible to receive project support funding up to $25,000 during the one-year fellowship.
Payments will go out approximately 4 weeks after all required paperwork is submitted.
10. Can Two-Spirits apply?
Yes. We encourage Two-Spirit Indigenous women to apply.
11. Do I have to pay taxes on this money?
Yes. Spirit Aligned will provide access to a Certified Public Account, at no cost to you. Each person’s tax situations are different, and our staff cannot answer any tax questions directly.
12. What is the time commitment?
This is a one-year fellowship that requires you to devote time and attention to deepening the relationship between the Legacy Leader and the Future Legacy Leader. It is important that you have the time and passion to wholeheartedly engage in this unique leadership program. We expect the Legacy Leader and the Future Legacy Leader to be working together at least 40 hours each month. Additionally, staff and consultants will be communicating with both of you to provide assistance and training. You are each expected to work with SALP in our efforts to gather program information that documents and communicates your fellowship experience via interviews, podcasts, photos, evaluation, etc.
13. Can I apply if I am elected official?
14. What will I gain from this fellowship?
- Opportunities to deepen your relationship and knowledge
- Ability to pass on important knowledge to future generations
- Focus on healing and wellness
- Gain skills to bring people together to find solutions
- Grow your own leadership skills for future benefit
- Develop an understanding of transformational change (why we are where we are and how to change it)
- Apply your passion, skills, knowledge and funding into action via an intergenerational leadership project
- Connect with a sisterhood of indigenous women who support each other. You will be joining 16 Legacy Leaders from Circles 1 & 2, and 16 more Legacy Leaders from Circle 3.